*The District 53 Speakers Bureau will be officially launched in late 2017. If you are an event venue looking for future speakers, and you would like to be put on our mailing list, please email us!
Thank you for your interest in joining the District 53 Speakers Bureau. Please complete the application (coming soon) and sign and initial Terms and Conditions of Involvement form and return it to be considered! All items with a red asterisk *are required fields. We recommend reviewing the form completely before beginning to fill it out.
Become A Speaker
- Have you ever dreamed of speaking to people and inspiring them to reach their goals?
- Are you ready to speak before large groups in professional and community settings?
- Do you have a great motivational speech or keynote address ready to present?
- Do you want to be a paid professional speaker and just need a little guidance to reach your goal?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions, the District 53 Speakers Bureau is the place for you. Our Speakers Bureau is actively searching for speakers to represent our District in the community. We want to help you reach your goals!
- Even though you will not be paid, we can help prepare you for paid speaking engagements. As an active Speakers Bureau member, you will participate in meetings, workshops and seminars designed to prepare you to present to groups outside of your Toastmasters clubs.
Toastmaster Speaker Qualifications:
- Be an experienced, skilled Toastmaster and a member in good standing of District 53 Toastmasters and Toastmasters International.
- Have obtained at least an Advanced Communicator Bronze (ACB) Award or CC and equivalent speaking experience.
- Have experience serving as a Toastmasters Club Officer for at least a year or equivalent leadership experience in a District position.
- Be willing to be evaluated and report to the Speakers Bureau on assignments.
- Maintain their Speaker qualifications with the Speakers Bureau.
- Gained recognition in your Toastmasters club and from your peers.
Speaking Engagements Policies (fillable form (coming soon) to sign and initial each item and return with the application)
- When representing District 53 and the Speakers Bureau, Toastmaster Speakers shall:
- Acknowledge representation of Toastmasters and District 53 programs and practices.
- Present yourself in the best possible manner in dress and conduct.
- Ensure that every speech is free of any commercial, sales or promotions with the exception of the Toastmasters short educational speech segment.
- Not charge fees, commissions or contractual payments for services but may accept a meal, modest gifts, an honorarium and/or remuneration for expenses. Reimbursement for requested printed materials is allowed.
- Provide description and contact information related to each service and report back to the Speakers Bureau after each engagement.
- Promise to give a brief 5 minute talk promoting the Toastmasters program.
Once you have been approved as a District 53 Speaker Bureau member, you will need to take the following actions:
- Provide a professional head shot
- Create a concise biography
- Identify 5-8 topics you are skilled in presenting
- Provide information about your signature speech(s): Title and Audience Takeaways
- Determine if there are other services you want to provide such as Meeting Facilitator, Master of Ceremonies, Breakout Session Leader, or Keynote on a Specific Topic
Event planners may request you as a speaker by contacting completing the Request A Speaker form on this site. We will confirm your availability and interest for this request.
It is important to communicate promptly with the Speaker Bureau and with the requester to best fulfill their needs. We will follow-up to ensure the company or organization’s needs were met.
If you have any questions, please contact
Terms and Conditions of Involvement
By applying to join the District 53 Speakers Bureau, you must agree to the following terms:
- You are a current Toastmasters member in good standing in a club that is in good standing. Your dues are paid.
- You agree to NOT accept any form of payment, other than reimbursement of expenses, or a donation in the form of a check addressed to District 53 Toastmasters, for speaking engagements directly received through the District 53 website where you will be introduced as, or considered to be a representative of Toastmasters.
- If you accept a speaking engagement, you agree to make that opportunity your top priority for the scheduled date. Even in the case of an emergency, you will make every effort to contact other members of the District 53 Speakers Bureau to find a substitute speaker immediately. You will also inform the District 53 Speakers Bureau Chair. However, they are not responsible for finding your replacement.
- You alone are responsible to have the proper equipment at the speaking site. (i.e.: lighting, projector, power, etc.) or to make the appropriate arrangements with the association or organization.
- You agree to provide the District 53 Speakers Bureau Chair with written notice (by email) of the date, location, time and contact person for each speaking engagement booked as a result of the Bureau.
- You agree to mention Toastmasters somewhere in your presentation and direct audiences to the District 53 website for more information whenever possible.
- The Bureau is responsible for setting up all speaking engagements when the point of contact is through the speakers bureau.
- You agree to grant the District 53 Speakers Bureau Executive Committee the complete authority to approve or reject your application for inclusion. In the event of rejection, (you will be notified of specific reasons why and You are welcome to reapply to be a speaker in 6 months)
- You agree to grant the District 53 Speakers Bureau Executive Committee the complete authority to terminate your membership in the Speakers Bureau if you are in violation of any of the terms above or are unable to participate.
- You will inform the Speakers Bureau Chair when you are not able to or do not want to participate in the Speakers Bureau.
- You agree to not hold District 53 or the Speakers Bureau responsible in any manner for any conflicts or problems resulting from your speaking engagement.
- All applicants for the District 53 Speakers Bureau are expected to be excellent representatives of the speaking skills learned in Toastmasters. Therefore, all applicants will undergo a thorough vetting process before acceptance into the Bureau.